Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hate It or Love It? Beyonce's "Diva" Video



I'm not a fan. Here are some reasons why:

1. Those glasses (
don't front like you don't know what I'm talking about). Is it really necessary to have wind chimes hanging from your glasses? I thought it couldn't get any worse than Soulja Boy's glasses with writing on them or Kanye's venetian blind glasses, but clearly it has. The sad part about it is every street vendor in New York City is going to start selling them - and what's even sadder is those shits are gonna sell like hotcakes. What hurts me the most is that I'm going to have to inflict bodily harm on my 12 year old sister when she begs me to buy her a pair. Why Beyonce?

2. (2:21) It looks like Beyonce jumped into a tub of Vaseline - not a good look.

3. She flaunts a fan made of $100 bills - about a G's worth. Bitch we are in a recession!!!!! And yea they probably aren't real, but it's the thought... that's just rubbing salt into our wounds. (
Then again if I had Beyonce money I would probably do the same, if not more outrageous shit like wallpaper my room with it or have my rolls of toilet paper made out of it.)

4. Overall lack of originality:
a. Black & White video - been there, done that over and over again.
b. Beyonce dancing with 2 other chicks in the background... just did it in "Single Ladies". Didn't she do enough of that in her Destiny's Child days?
c. Car on fire... can you say "Crazy In Love"?

I'm so over it.


If you haven't had enough check out this video...

No comments:

Post a Comment